Job and Career Vocabulary: Easy Meanings and Examples
Learning job and career vocabulary can help you speak English confidently, write a good CV, and prepare for job interviews. In this lesson, you will learn 24 useful English words and expressions with easy meanings and example sentences.
1. Resume (n) ប្រវត្តិរូបការងារ
Easy meaning: A document that shows your education, skills, and work experience.
Example: I sent my resume to the company yesterday.
2. CV (n) ប្រវត្តិរូបការងារលម្អិត
Easy meaning: A document that gives information about your education, skills, and work experience.
Example: Please attach your CV when you apply for the job.
3. Restriction (n) ការកំណត់ ឬរឹតបន្តឹង
Easy meaning: A rule that limits what you can do.
Example: There is a restriction on the number of people in the room.
4. Employee (n) បុគ្គលិក
Easy meaning: A person who works for a company or another person.
Example: The company has more than 100 employees.
5. Employer (n) និយោជក
Easy meaning: A person or company that gives people jobs.
Example: My employer provides free training for all workers.
6. Consider (v) ពិចារណា
Easy meaning: To think carefully about something.
Example: The manager will consider your application.
7. Relevant to ជាប់ទាក់ទងនិង
Easy meaning: Connected to or useful for something.
Example: Please include information relevant to the job.
8. Sole (adj) ដែលមានតែមួយ
Easy meaning: The only one.
Example: She was the sole winner of the competition.
9. Generate (v) បង្កើត
Easy meaning: To produce or create something.
Example: This new business can generate more income.
10. As opposed to ជាការជំនួសអោយ
Easy meaning: Instead of; different from.
Example: I prefer working in a team as opposed to working alone.
11. Potential (adj) ដែលមាសក្តានុពល
Easy meaning: Possible in the future.
Example: She is a potential candidate for the position.
12. Candidate (n) បេក្ខជន
Easy meaning: A person who is applying for a job or position.
Example: The company interviewed five candidates.
13. Contain (v) មាន (នៅក្នុងអ្វីមួយ)
Easy meaning: To have something inside.
Example: My CV contains information about my work experience.
14. Gather (v) ប្រមូល
Easy meaning: To collect things or information.
Example: We need to gather more information before making a decision.
15. Range from (v) មានចាប់...ដល់....
Easy meaning: To vary between two amounts or levels.
Example: The salaries range from $300 to $800 per month.
16. Template (n) ពុំ
Easy meaning: A ready-made example that you can use as a guide.
Example: I used a CV template to create my resume.
17. Tweak (v) កែប្រែរតិចតួច
Easy meaning: To make small changes to improve something.
Example: I need to tweak my resume before sending it.
18. Personalize (v) កែអោយក្លាយជារបស់យើង
Easy meaning: To change something to suit a particular person.
Example: You should personalize your cover letter for each job.
19. Preserve (v) រក្សា
Easy meaning: To keep something safe or in its original condition.
Example: Try to preserve the original format of your CV.
20. Professional (adj) ដែលជាអជីព
Easy meaning: Related to a job or showing good work behavior.
Example: She always wears professional clothes to work.
21. Consistent (adj) ជាប្រចាំ
Easy meaning: Always behaving or doing something in the same way.
Example: You need to be consistent in your work to achieve success.
22. Engage (v) ធ្វើអោយគេចាប់អារម្មណ៍ ឬចូលរួម
Easy meaning: To interest someone or involve them in something.
Example: A good teacher knows how to engage students in learning.
23. Exaggerate (v) ពន្លើស
Easy meaning: To make something seem bigger, better, or worse than it really is.
Example: Don't exaggerate your skills on your resume.
24. Modest (adj) ដែលមិនអំណួត (សាមញ្ញ)
Easy meaning: Not talking too proudly about yourself or your achievements.
Example: He is modest about his success at work.
Job & Career Vocabulary Quiz
Useful Collocations with have/get
Career Achievements ស្នាដៃ
I have a certification in computer programming.
She has a certification in digital marketing.
He has a degree in English.
My sister has a degree in accounting.
I have experience with Microsoft Office.
She has experience in teaching English.
- Use experience with for a tool, system, technology, or type of work.
- Use experience in for a field, industry, or profession.
He has training in first aid.
She has training in customer service.
Career Aspirations ក្តីសង្ឈឹមចង់សម្រេចបាន
I want to get a certificate as a tour guide.
She plans to get a certificate in web design.
- Use certificate as when talking about a role or profession.
- Use certificate in when talking about a subject or skill.
I want to get a degree in business administration.
He hopes to get a degree in engineering.
I want to get experience in teaching.
I want to get training in computer skills.
He plans to get training in hotel management.
Career Collocations: Quick Review
- have a certification in → I have a certification in IT.
- have a degree in → I have a degree in English.
- have experience with/in → I have experience in teaching.
- have training in → I have training in customer service.
- get a certificate as/in → I want to get a certificate in web design.
- get a degree in → I want to get a degree in business.
- get experience in → I want to get experience in marketing.
- get training in → I want to get training in computer skills.

0 Comments